Well, I wish I could say that I met my challenge this year. Yes, I know there are a couple more weeks in the year, but it’s Christmas time, I have edits due, and I’m scheduled to finish a book by the New Year. Not sure I’m going to be able to read much in that short period of time. I’ve been reading certain books to work on a new proposal, but I don’t think any of them will count for this challenge.
So here’s where I stand.
1- #13 A book about another century 50 Ways to Ruin a Rake by Jade Lee
2-#10 A Book published before I was born 4:50 from Paddington by Agatha Christie
3-#6 a genre I don’t normally read Every Fifteen Minutes by Lisa Scottoline
4- #8 A book you’ve been meaning to read for a while True Grit by Charles Portis
5- #12 a book published this year Rescuing the Cowboy by Cathy McDavid
Yes! Half-way there! Well, at least I tried! What about you? How are you doing in your Reading Challenge? Remember, the goal is not to read as many books as you can, but to stretch yourself and your reading habits by reading books that you wouldn’t have read before.
If you need a refresher, here are the categories:
1o book reading challenge
- A book recommended by a book seller or librarian
- A book published in a different decade
- A book you’ve already read before
- A book you should have read in school
- A book that has been banned before
- A book from a genre you don’t normally read
- A book that intimidates you
- A book you’ve been meaning to read for a while
- A book you quit reading once before
- A book published before you were born
- A book recommended by someone close to you
- A book published this year
- A book about another century
- A book you’ve never heard of before
- A book recommended by amazon/internet/cyber friend
Hope you’ll check in! And get ready…we’re going to do this again next year!