I can’t believe it’s already August! It seems like every year goes by faster and faster. I would love to tell you how much I’ve gotten to read in the past month, but it wouldn’t be the truth. I’ve bought a lot of books these past four weeks, but I haven’t gotten around to reading any of them.
Yes, that’s right. I haven’t read a book in the last month. Yikes! Maybe because I’ve spent the last few weeks editing and traveling. But more on that later.
I did get a book started. My #3: a book I’ve read before, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I devoured this book years ago and I’m currently obsessed with the Starz series. My plan is to re-read the first book, read the second book as my #9 (Yes, I started Dragonfly in Amber, but never finished it. Long story. Maybe I’ll write a blog post about it. Hmmm…). And then read the third in the series before the third season of Outlander starts. Since these books are incredibly long, I’d better get busy! After all, I still have the reading challenge to finish!
What about you? How are you doing on the reading challenge? Remember the goal isn’t the number of books that you read, but reading with a new effort, a different goal in mind.
Can’t remember the types of books on the list? Here’s a refresher:
1o book reading challenge
- A book recommended by a book seller or librarian
- A book published in a different decade
- A book you’ve already read before
- A book you should have read in school
- A book that has been banned before
- A book from a genre you don’t normally read
- A book that intimidates you
- A book you’ve been meaning to read for a while
- A book you quit reading once before
- A book published before you were born
- A book recommended by someone close to you
- A book published this year
- A book about another century
- A book you’ve never heard of before
- A book recommended by amazon/internet/cyber friend
And as always, Happy Reading!
6 thoughts on “Reading Challenge Update: August”
I am still working on my #9, but I have been traveling too :)
Really? Where’d you go? LOLOLOL
I love your list of books to read. I admit I get stuck on Amish romances…. I joined the Summer reading program for adults and they had me reading outside of my reading comfort zone!
That’s the exact purpose! I get ‘stuck’ in my favorite genre so I wanted to push myself out too! :)
I am reading the same amish book quiting I just got down reading Kathleen fuller book
Awesome! Keep on reading!! :)