Just wanted to take a few minutes and see how everyone is doing with their reading challenge. Remember, the main focus is to read outside of your comfort zone (if only a little) and not so much about volume or number of books.
And speaking of volume…I wanted to come on and tell you how many books I’ve managed to read but edits and the like have cut into my reading time this month. I did finish two books–at least two books that I didn’t write. LOL
Every Fifteen Minutes by Lisa Scottoline is a thriller about a psychopath who has targeted a psychiatrist and plans to destroy his life. I count this as my #6, a genre I don’t normally read. I might have just as easily called this my #11 (a book recommended by someone close to you) as Stacey has read almost all of Scottoline’s books, but I’m saving something special for #11. :)
I also managed to read Back in the Game by Lori Wilde. It’s a fun and heartwarming romantic comedy. Yes, I know this is my go-to genre, but I got to meet Lori recently and just adored her! No, I don’t have a place for this one on my challenge list, but that’s okay. Except that now I want to go back read all of her books! And boy, do I have some catching up to do! But if you like sweetly funny, mildly sexy, small town romances, then be sure to check out Lori’s books!
I started reading True Grit by Charles Portis. Yes, this is the book that the movies stemmed from. So far it has been a complete joy–just as the movies are. But I’m not done yet. And of course I have looming deadlines and a very busy working vacation planned so it might be the only book I manage to read this month. It will be my #8 a book I’ve been meaning to read for a while.
How’s your reading going? Has anyone marked a book off their list? Or have you been reading in your comfort zone? Any good book recommendations out there? I’d love to hear what you have to say.
And for those who are late joining the challenge…
1o book reading challenge
- A book recommended by a book seller or librarian
- A book published in a different decade
- A book you’ve already read before
- A book you should have read in school
- A book that has been banned before
- A book from a genre you don’t normally read
- A book that intimidates you
- A book you’ve been meaning to read for a while
- A book you quit reading once before
- A book published before you were born
- A book recommended by someone close to you
- A book published this year
- A book about another century
- A book you’ve never heard of before
- A book recommended by amazon/internet/cyber friend
Pick any ten and start reading! You’ve still got 6 months to geterdone! :)